Podi dosai is one of my brother's favourite. He has always wanted me to make podi dosai for him.
Here is the receipe for making podi dosai.
1 cup - idly rice
1/2 cup - Ulundhu(Urad Dal)
2tbsp - fenugreek
1. Soak the rice and Urad dal for about 4 hours.
2. Fenugreek and urad can be combined together and soaked.
3. Grind the mixture of urad dal and fenugreek in a grinder or mixer.
(I have been making the batter using mixie)
4. Add water depending on the consistency. Don't make it watery.
5. Seperately grind the rice and mix the dal batter with the rice mixture.
6. Add salt and mix the contents evenly.
7. The mixture needs to be prepared overnight and dosa or idly can be made on the next day morning.
1. Heat the dosa pan and put little oil.
2. Take a batter and spread the batter evenly in a round manner.
3. Spread little idly podi around the dosai before it is cooked.
4. Wait untill the dosa becomes light brown.
5. Ghee can be added to make the dosai more delicious.