I have never tried making anything with cracked wheat. Actually bought that for making some halwa and the remaining was just lying. So thought how it will be to make idli with it.
So that is how I tried making cracked wheat idli.
Whole Wheat - 1 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Carrot - 1 cup ( grated )
1. In a mixie crack the whole wheat into a coarse mixture( more like sooji or ravai )
2. In a deep pan with little oil put the mustard seeds.
3. Add the cracked wheat mixture into it. Fry untill the raw smell of wheat goes away.
4. Add the grated carrot and beans into the pan. You can add any vegetables that you want.
5. Fry for 5mins and let it cool for sometime.
6. Add the yogurt after cooling and mix some water incase if the mixture is very thick.
7. Add the mixture to the idly plates and cook for 15mins.
Hot Hot wheat idlies are ready!! You can have it with Coconut chutney.