Sambar is a typical south indian dish in which a variety of vegetables can be put and cooked. Like drumstick,okra or carrot. This is a very different sambar with Mangai(Raw Mango).
Raw Mango - 1
Onion - 1/2
Tomato - 1
Tamarind paste - 1/4 cup
Dal Cooked - 1 cup
Chilli and coriander powder - 1 tbsp each
Turmeric powder - little
1. cook the toor dal with the turmeric powder in a pressure cooker. 3 whistle will be fine.
2. Cut the mango,onions and tomatoes.
3. Heat a pan and add the onions and tomatoes.
4. Cook until they become soft.
5. Add the raw mango and saute for a while.
6. Add the cooked dal and add water so that it not very thick.
7. Add the chilli and coriander powder to the dal.
8. Leave it to boil and check if the raw mango is cooked.
It can be served with hot rice ansd ghee. Yummy taste. I just loved it. It is my husband's favourite sambar.