Channa masala has been always my all time favourite. My friend's mom used make the best channa masala. We friends have always liked to go to her house just for eating aunty's food..hehe..Miss those days a lot !!
Anyways its time for me making channa masala :).
Channa - 1 cup
Tomato - 1
Onion - 1
Garlic - 2cloves
Garam Masala - 1 tbp
Fennel Seeds - 1tbp
Cashew - few ( optional)
Soak the channa over night. In the morning put the channa in a pressure cooker. It can be kept for 1 whistle. Not more than 1 because it will get over cooked and get mashed.
1. Cut the tomatoes and onions to small pieces.
2. Grind together all the ingredients except for the channa.
(It could be done by first frying all the ingredients with little oil and then grinding also)
3. It a deep pan put little oil and pour in the grinded mix to the pan.
4. Let it boil till the raw smell of the onions goes away.
5. Add the channa and let me boil for some more time.
Garnish it with some coriander leaves.
It can be served with hot pooris or chapptis.