Wishing All a very Happy Tamil New Year !!
Tamil new year is a new beginning of a year for all tamil people. A very special day.
We had lot of people come home and it was real fun. I was in the kitchen all time doing some cooking or the other.:)..
List of things I made:
Potato and beans kurma
Sweet Mango Pachadi
Potato and Beans kurma:
Potato - 1
Lima beans - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
1. Grind coconut,Half onion,tomato,chilli powder,fennel seeds,ginger and ga
rlic and keep aside.
2. Pressure cook the potato and Lima beans in a cooker for 1 whistle.
3. In a pan add little oil and saute the onion.
4. Add the grimded mixture and the veggies and add little water it the paste is very thick.
5. Cook until the vegetables are blended well with the gravy.
Sweet Mango Pachadi:
Raw Mango - 1
Jaggery - 1/4 cup
Salt - a pinch
Coconut - scrapped - 1/4 cup
1. Cut the mango into small pieces.
2. Add them in a pan and add little water and cook until it becomes soft.
3.After it is well cooked add the jaggery and mix well until it blends well in the mango.
4. Add the salt and the coconut and mix well and cook for 5mins.
Javvarusi(sabudana) - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Cardamon - 2
1.In a pan add little ghee and dry the sabudana for 5mins.
2. Add a cup of water and let it cook well.
3. After it is well cooked add milk and cardamon( If you add milk before it is cooked then the sabuna will not be cook in milk).
4. Add the remaining ghee in another pan and dry the dry grapes and cashews and mix then in the sabudana.
5.Let it boil for few mins.