Snake Gourd - 1 cup
Moong dal - 1 cup
Chilli and Coriander powder - 1/2tbsp each
1. Pressure cook the moong dal and keep it.
2. Cut the snake gourd into small pieces after removing the seeds in the middle.
3. In a pan add little oil and add the snake gourd and salt and saute well.
4. It should be cooked and then add the moong dal.
5. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook.
6. After its half cooked add the chilli and coriander powder.
7. Mix well and add the cooked moong dal and let it cook for 5mins.
8. If you want the kootu to be thick do not add water else you can add water.
9.Serve hot some cilantro leaves on top.