rice- 1 cup
Moong dal - 3/4 th cup
Pepper - 1 tbsp
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Cashews - few
Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
1. In a pressure cooker add the rice and moong dal. Add 3 1/2 cups of water. Keep it for 3 whistle.
2. In a pan add ghee and add jeera,Pepper and cashews.
3. Add the salt and the mixture in the pan to the cooked rice and dal.
4. Mix well and the pongal is ready now.
Urad Dal - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Curry leaves - few
1. Soak a cup of Urad dal for atleast 4hrs.
2. Grind the dal without adding water at all.
3. Add the chopped onion,curry leaves and salt.
4. In a pan add oil and heat it.
5. Take a little of the dal mixture and deep fry them in the oil
Serve hot with Coconut chutney.